Posted for World Tour 2
Make and share this German Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thily sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 small roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Place the cucumbers, onions and tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad mixture.
- Toss to coat well.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Wow! Just like the cucumber salad I grew up with. It works with or without dill, but I think the fresh dill gives it that extra something. Thanks Parsley!
I can't stop eating this salad. I think it tastes better the next day. I've been eating it on avocado toast and can't get enough. Wish I would have made a double batch. Thanks for posting!
Really good on It's own, but I like to put it on bagels and sandwiches too!