German Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 green onions, sliced thin (both white & green parts)
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- In another small bowl, mix together well all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the cucumber salad mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I *have* to give this a five star rating, I'd give it more if I could! I have been looking for a recipe for German Dill Dressing so I wouldn't have to order the packets. I tried another recipe (and a prepared dip), but they were way too sweet. When I saw the vinegar in this recipe, it made me hope, and I was not let down! I made this with dill weed, but come summer, I'll try it with fresh dill. Thanks so much, this will be a summer staple!