- Ready In:
- 2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream or 2 tablespoons yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste (I like a lot of pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Mix cucumbers and onions together.
- Mix rest of ingredients together in a closed bowl and give a shake.
- Add to cucumbers, chill till very cold & serve.
Join The Conversation
Everyone was talking about how important it was to slice cukes thinly. I used a mandolin to slice it and it was WAY WAY WAY too think. Use a knife. It also lacked somehting...I think it is called flavor. :(. Otherwise it was a decent recipe. I had too add a lot more of yogurt, lemon juice and stuff to get it to taste. Quite frankly I was shocked my family liked it -- thus the 4 stars :).
Was trying to remember how my mom made this for summer picnics and holidays and I think this was pretty close or close enough! I think probably had more sour cream in it--but the way we eat now is much less fat-so I like the greek plain nonfat yogurt --I used swerve replacement even for sugar and I like the red onion-I think mom used white but red pretty --I often microwave the onion as I like less bite in my onion--makes it less strong. Dill great-too, Thank you