Cauliflower and Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (the skinny ones)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, any colour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (use 1/3 of this amount if you use dried dill)
- Slice the first four ingredients as thinly as you can. Use a sharp knife.
- Combine the sliced vegetables and the salt. I usually put them all in a clean ice cream container (with a lid) and shake the dickens out of 'em. Then I put the container in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Remove the container from the fridge and drain off any liquid that has accumulated.
- In another bowl, combine the last three ingredients. Then stir this mixture through the vegetables.
- Put the lid back on the container and give everything some more good shakes to combine.
- You can serve immediately, but this recipe keeps well for several days, and usually tastes better the second day onwards.
Join The Conversation