Bavarian Cucumber Salad
This salad is so easy to throw together and can be made a few hours ahead of time. When my German aunt serves it, she usually does two or three other traditional salads and puts together a little salad plate for each guest as a starter to the meal.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and parsley in a bowl.
- Mix up dressing ingredients separately, pour over the cucumber mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We loved this salad! I did misread the amount of mustard and added 1/4 cup instead of 1/4 teaspoon. It was still a nice tasting dressing but added a bit more sour cream and had a very creamy delicious dressing. Will be making this salad again and again!! Thank you Sackville for posting this wonderful recipe!Reply