Recipe by Miss Annie
I am sure that the French used actual dried beans, soaked and cooked. However, this one is very quick to make if your evening is hectic.
Top Review by Bev I Am
Miss Annie, yet another winner! This recipe is wonderful! As per my usual, I couldn't wait for Dan'l to get home before tasting and reviewing so I had a bite as it came out of the oven (just cooled enough). I made exactly as indicated, using the beef broth instead of the wine and cooked for 60 minutes. I will serve with a tossed green salad and French baguette, which I think is going to make a great meal! Once again, Miss Annie, Thank you for sharing this with us!
- 1 lb kielbasa, cooked,halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme