Recipe by Miss Annie
I am sure that the French used actual dried beans, soaked and cooked. However, this one is very quick to make if your evening is hectic.
Top Review by Bev
Miss Annie, yet another winner! This recipe is wonderful! As per my usual, I couldn't wait for Dan'l to get home before tasting and reviewing so I had a bite as it came out of the oven (just cooled enough). I made exactly as indicated, using the beef broth instead of the wine and cooked for 60 minutes. I will serve with a tossed green salad and French baguette, which I think is going to make a great meal! Once again, Miss Annie, Thank you for sharing this with us!
- 1 lb kielbasa, cooked,halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme