Country Pineapple Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 10 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating the mix well after each egg is added.
- Stir in the pineapple and lemon juice.
- Fold in the bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 cake pan or baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees until set.
Join The Conversation
I LOVE this dish. It makes the perfect side dish or dessert- and it's not too sweet.It can be eaten warm or cold. I made it over the holiday, and loved the fact that it was sweet, but not too sweet. I cut it in half- and now wish I would have made the full amount!! Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!! Update Jan 2013- The pineapple I used today was hard to strain, so I used 12 slices of bread to make up for the extra liquid. Yummy as always!