Country Breakfast Casserole
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 12 ounces reduced-fat sausage (1 roll)
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, crust removed
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) package country gravy mix (McCormick Brand)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a skillet, cook crumbled sausage in large skillet over medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage and drain on paper towel.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place in 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese and then sausage evenly on top.
- In a blender, mix eggs, milk and Gravy Mix. (You could also use the Sausage Country Gravy mix instead) Pour mixture over bread, cheese and sausage.
- Bake covered lightly with foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 or 10 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the night befoe: You can cover the dish and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake 50 minutes then 10.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!