Easy Sausage Pancake Casserole
photo by Chris S.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups dry buttermilk pancake mix (prepared as directed on package for approximately 18+ pancakes)
- 16 ounces brown n serve sausage links (thawed and cut into pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9x13 glass dish very generously.
- Cut thawed links into bite sized pieces (about 4 pieces per link). You can substitute other sausages, the Brown and Serve are just easy.
- Prepare pancake mix as directed on your favorite brand. Just make sure you make it for about 18 pancakes or a little more. This is where I add the 1/2 cup of syrup option (see my "recipe description").
- Mix prepared pancake batter and sausage pieces.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Spread tablespoon of butter on top of baked casserole to melt down.
- Cut into serving pieces and serve with syrup.
this will be a new favorite at my house! we used one cup of pancake mix (I had trader joe's instant coconut pancakes on hand that I mixed with half water/half milk for a hardier texture) and 12 oz of "country" sausage that I cooked up the night before. we kept the butter and syrup separate, and... WOW! what a dish! this is definitely going in the "houseguests breakfast casserole" book. thanks for the share!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I never really thought too much about cooking as I was growing up. I just learned the dishes my mother prepared and I did the occasional baking as usual. These days however, I enjoy cooking and I really like trying new recipes and tweaking them for my family and their tastes (and mine). My wonderful sister in law told me about this website and I have been "hooked" ever since. My son now swears I never fix the same thing twice...even if they like it! I just have too many new recipes I want to try, so I forget about the ones I have tried and they like. We enjoy going camping, so the easy, quick recipes that I can fix ahead or do at the campsite thrill me. I love the variety of recipes from all the members and I like to read the reviews (the nice ones) and get ideas to use for my family. I won't give a recipe I try a bad rating..period. Just because it doesn't fit my family doesn't mean it's not a good recipe for someone else. I only rate the ones we like, so you are safe from criticism from me!