Cinnamon, Brown Sugar Pancakes
These delicious Saturday morning treat are our kid's favorite. Fresh pancakes, hot off the griddle, topped with my buttery brown sugar cinnamon topping and served with cold milk. Great breakfasts are one good way I've found to keep my teenagers home!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil on griddle.
- Mix pancake mix and water.
- Pour prepared mix onto hot oiled griddle in 4" size pancakes.
- Outside of pancake should sizzle. Flip when top has begun to bubble and underside is golden.
- Have your kids help you with this one-.
- Soften 1 stick of butter.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread on hot pancakes.
- Enjoy with bacon, eggs, cold milk and coffee.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is just for a special cinnamon, brown sugar butter for the pancakes. I wouldn't call it a recipe for pancakes because it just says mix the pancake mix with the water. While I appreciate their suggestion and tips on the pancakes, the main part of this is actually the butter. All qualms aside, it is a solid cinnamon brown sugar butter recipe, so 4 stars for that. I made pancakes from scratch (I'd recommend the Vegan Pancake recipe by rsarahl as it tastes good and is simple to make) and put this butter on them. Very tasty and great for people you aren't as familiar with cooking. It's difficult to go wrong with butter, sugar, and cinnamon, and the pancakes I mentioned above a pretty easy as well. You could even use this butter for other things as it makes quite a bit. It is very cinnamon heavy, but has a nice sweet, rich flavor. I will probably make it again at some point. Just wish the recipe was broader so more people could find it. It goes beyond just pancakes.Reply
The topping was pretty good, but be prepared for very sugary pancakes! I had a lot of topping/spread left over; you might be fine just making half of what it calls for. Overall, we liked them and they had a cinnamon-roll taste, which was delicious! Next time though, we might just make these for dessert instead of breakfast.Reply