Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home--delicious!!
Make and share this French Canadian Meat Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 2 double crust pie crusts (9-inches)
- In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in potatoes, broth and seasonings.
- Line two 9-inch pie plates with pastry.
- Divided meat mixture between crusts.
- Top with remaining pastry; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits in top.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
i have a recipe that we've made in our family for years but i switched up the spices with your and found it very, very tasty indeed.... will now be our family recipe... thanks for posting
Average, not really good but not bad either.
Great cold weather comfort food! This was a big hit at my house. I served it with some gravy. Yummy!