Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very nice variation of a family favourite. From the Company's Coming cheese cookbook. My kids thought these tasted a bit like Red Lobster biscuits.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 6 tablespoons hard margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add butter and cut in until crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and then milk and water until dough forms a ball.
- Turn out onto counter and knead 6 - 8 times.
- Roll out to 3/4 inch thickness and cut out biscuits with a 2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until tops are golden.
Oh WOW!!! These biscuits were so great! They had a lovely flaky, yet moist texture and such a wonderful taste! The dill and feta are a perfect match! Mmmm! I made half the recipe ending up with 8 rather big bikkies. My only changes were to use a herb flavoured butter and to use only half of the liquids stated as somehow my dough was already rather wet then. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Cookin-Jo! It will surely be made again and again!
Yummy! I doubled the fresh dill (love the taste)and added garlic powder and fresh garlic for my own taste and it turned out great. Perfect bread for a fish dinner. Thanks for posting!