Bisquick Cheese Bread or Biscuits (Like Red Lobster!)
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or to taste)
- Set oven to 400°F (convection bake if possible).
- Grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl mix/toss together the baking mix with grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Add in the water, and mix with hands until well combined.
- Shape the dough into one oval-shaped loaf, or even better into smaller oval shaped balls, or drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet for biscuits.
- Transfer to cookie/baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter; sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and dried parsley.
- At this point, let dough rest, covered loosely with plastic or a clean tea towel in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes before baking.
- Remove from fridge and bake for 25 minutes, or until brown in color (bake less time for smaller size balls or biscuits, the dough will spread when baked).
- Remove from oven, cut in slices, serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome!! I've never had the Red Lobster biscuits but I really don't need to now. These are so wonderful & full of flavour!! Follow the recipe exactly - I was thinking there was too much of the dry seasoning for the topping but I used it all & it was perfect. My husband asked me to make them again the following night!! I also liked that buttering at the table isn't really necessary as they are great just the way they are.
This recipe is awesome! I followed the recipe and out came these lovely, fluffy biscuits. I patted the dough out and cut inch and a half thick biscuits, cooked them for about 20 minutes. The parmesean and Italian seasonings are perfect! I will be making these gems again. Thank you Carol for posting this yummy treat.