A great change from traditional tuna casseroles that is quick and easy to make. My kids used to call this "Spaghetti with Crispy Cheese".
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans mushroom soup, plus half a can of water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the spaghetti till just al dente in large pot of salted water, drain and place into a large casserole dish, or if your pot is ovenproof, just put back in the pot.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion in the olive oil till soft. Add the mushroom soup and water and heat, stirring, till smooth and bubbly.
- Add the tuna, parsley, herbs, olives, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir until mixed through and heated.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the spaghetti and mix well. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over top. (You may increase the amount of cheese if you wish).
- Bake at 350, uncovered, till all is heated through and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- While leaving the casserole on the middle rack, turn oven on to broil and cook for 5 minutes or till the cheese on top is browned and crispy. Watch carefully to make sure cheese doesn't burn!