Creamy Cheesy Easy Tuna Tetrazzini
photo by Shelby Jo
- Ready In:
- 4 cups pasta (any spiral shape will do)
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can solid white tuna (add another small can if you want more meat)
- 12 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to directions - set aside.
- Drain tuna - set aside.
- Finely chop onion, celery and mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute chopped veggies until onions are translucent.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup, milk, and salt and pepper.
- Gently heat to a simmer while stirring.
- Spray a 9 x 13 glass pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Layer pasta, 3/4 cup of cheese, crumble tuna and then pour mushroom sauce sauce over the dish - top with another 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- When timer rings, you can remove foil and broil to just brown the top slightly to your own preference.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a fabulous "tuna hotdish" recipe. It was SO easy, and tasty too. I used egg noodles because I had some to use up, and omitted the celery for my husbands preference (I would have loved the celery... :) ) It was perfectly cheesy and tuna-y. I actually used 15 oz. of tuna because I had 5 oz. cans. This is definitely a keeper in my book! Even my husband really liked it, and he hates pasta and casserole type dishes. Thanks so much for posting. Made for Theirs, Yours, & Mine Photo Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a SAHM of 3 - I really love to cook, but find it challenging between 4-6 in the evening, so I am constantly on the lookout for quick and yummy dishes. My favorite cookbooks are from my local junior league, they are Colorado Cache and Creme de Colorado. I also love the Fanny Farmer cookbook for basic stuff.