Teriyaki Pasta With Chicken
A nice change from traditional pasta dishes
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (the thicker type more like a glaze)
- Cook pasta to package directions, drain.
- While pasta is cooking, combine carrots, broccoli, pineapple, and water chestnuts.
- Heat large skillet or wok with oil in it. Add chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from wok, put into clean bowl.
- Add bowl of vegetable ingredients to wok. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Re-add cooked chicken to veggies in pan, also teriyaki sauce and stir fry 1 minute.
- Toss pasta and chicken/veggie mixture together and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Another 5 star main meal into my permanent cookbook! This is a very easy to prepare meal if you do all the cutting, dicing and boiling beforehand. I omitted the water chestnuts due to personal tastes but everything else was as directed. My kids gobbled it up in no time! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup May 2008. Update Aug 08 - I just have to tell you that we continue to enjoy this recipe! My oldest DD came for supper tonight and LOVED this dish and now wants to try it out. It is great that it is simple enough for those beginning cooks. My grandson loved it all too - which is saying alot b/c he is 3 and tends to go thru picky stages. Just wanted to thank you again!Reply
see 2 more