1/2 Photos of Dried Apricot Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Dried Apricot Pie (Posted by request) ** Please see the note regarding the amount of sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Slice the dried apricots in half and rinse them with water.
- 3Place them in a sauce pan with the water, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Combine the cornstarch with the orange liqueur and about 1 tablespoon of the apricots' cooking liquid.
- 5Mix until smooth then stir into the cooked apricots.
- 6Add the white sugar and combine.
- 7Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell and seal with the top crust.
- 8Brush milk over top crust for color, if desired.
- 9Bake at 400°F for about 1 hour.
- 10**PLEASE NOTE: If your dried apricots are sweet, you may want to cut the amount of sugar from the 1 3/4 cups called for in the recipe to about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of sugar (or to your taste) to prevent the pie from being overly sweet. The dried apricots I use are quite tart/sour, so the 1 3/4 cups of sugar does not produce an overly sweet pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Apricot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4501.7
- Calories from Fat 1100
- Total Fat 122.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1933.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 858.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 52.5 g
- Sugars 637.8 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: