Dried Apple Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 3 cups dried apples
- 2 1⁄2 cups apple juice or 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- your favorite recipe for pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat juice or cider to a boil and pour over dried apples; let stand for 1 hour.
- Cook apples in juice for 10 to 15 minutes or till tender.
- Stir remaining ingredients together.
- Add to apples and mix well.
- Put prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour prepared apple mixture into crust.
- Top with 2nd crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or till done.
Join The Conversation
Awful...this recipe is awful. I followed it to a T...didn't alter one single thing. The juice, or whatever you want to call it, that you pour over the apples never set up. When I cut into the pie it was still totally liquid...it looked like someone had just poured a juice into it and nothing more. There was almost no flavor at all in the pie. I definitely will not be making this again.