- 680.38 g venison steak, thinly sliced
- 22.18 ml bacon drippings
- 59.16 ml all-purpose flour
- 709.77 ml whole milk
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bacon drippings in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add deer steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle flour over steaks. Allow to brown slightly.
- Slowly add 3 cups milk; bring to a boil. Add sliced onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until steaks and onion are tender. Stir occasionally. Remove cover and allow gravy to thicken.