Cube Steak & Gravy
Something I tried tonight that turned out well. Definitely comfort food!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cube steaks or 1 lb tenderized steak
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups beef broth
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in small bowl.
- Coat meat in flour and fry in skillet for 5-10 mins til browned on both sides; remove to plate.
- Add 2 T butter to skillet and melt.
- Stir in 2-3 T of remaining flour mixture.
- Whisk in beef broth (may need to add water to thin if gravy is too thick).
- Return meat to skillet, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
- Note: I've also made this in a slow cooker. Fixed it in the morning (didn't pan-fry) and let it cook all day. Can't begin to describe how good the kitchen smells when I get home!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
5 Stars for this recipe and for the chef herself! I made this for hubby and myself tonight for dinner as it looked so good and such a comfort food. It was delicious and well worth the little effort to put this together. Made this in the crock with direction from the chef and both DH and I were in comfort food heaven. Served this with garlic mashed taters and brussel sprouts. OH LORDY I am going to make this again real soon! I did take pics now to figure to post them correctly. Thank you so much for a wonderful meal and yes you were at the table.