2 hrs 20 mins
My recipe. I serve this with plain white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-light tasting
- 15 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 15 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 1Make meatballs: Mix ground beef, onions, bread crumbs, egg, and seasoned salt together to form walnut sized meatballs. Add a bit more bread crumbs if the meat doesn't hold together well, or if it is too dry add a bit of olive oil.
- 2In deep saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3Saute meatballs, turning often, until cooked through.
- 4In a crockpot, put the cranberry sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, onions, vinegar, ketchup, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together.
- 5Add meatballs .
- 6Cook on high about two hours, stirring often.
- 7When ready to serve, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Sweet and Sour Cranberry Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.3 mg
- Sodium 1330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 63.5 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt