2 hrs 20 mins
My recipe. I serve this with plain white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-light tasting
- 15 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 15 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 1Make meatballs: Mix ground beef, onions, bread crumbs, egg, and seasoned salt together to form walnut sized meatballs. Add a bit more bread crumbs if the meat doesn't hold together well, or if it is too dry add a bit of olive oil.
- 2In deep saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3Saute meatballs, turning often, until cooked through.
- 4In a crockpot, put the cranberry sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, onions, vinegar, ketchup, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together.
- 5Add meatballs .
- 6Cook on high about two hours, stirring often.
- 7When ready to serve, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Sweet and Sour Cranberry Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.3 mg
- Sodium 1330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 63.5 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt