Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My recipe. I serve this with plain white rice.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-light tasting
- 15 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 15 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Make meatballs: Mix ground beef, onions, bread crumbs, egg, and seasoned salt together to form walnut sized meatballs. Add a bit more bread crumbs if the meat doesn't hold together well, or if it is too dry add a bit of olive oil.
- In deep saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute meatballs, turning often, until cooked through.
- In a crockpot, put the cranberry sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, onions, vinegar, ketchup, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together.
- Add meatballs .
- Cook on high about two hours, stirring often.
- When ready to serve, season with salt and pepper to taste.