Grape Jelly Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grape jelly
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce (or combine 1/2 cup ketchup with hot pepper sauce to your taste.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix ground beef very well with first seven ingredients.
- Roll meat mixture into about 20 - 24 meatballs, until all of the mixture is used up.
- Brown meat balls in frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Turn down the heat to.
- low, and cover for five to seven minutes.
- Remove meatballs to a plate and drain off the grease.
- Add jelly and chili sauce mixture to the pan, letting the jelly melt, and the sauce thicken.
- Add the meatballs back into the pan, spooning sauce over the meatballs, and simmer for another five minutes or so.
Join The Conversation
Kirby these meatballs were delicious. We really enjoyed the beautiful flavor that the grape jelly imparted to the dish. I used Welchs grape jam, a chunky sweet chili sauce and added some hot Habanero sauce to it also for a little heat. What a lovely treat this was. The meatballs were perfectly cooked, tender and juicy and the tasty glaze covered the meatballs beautifully. This is a dish that I will make again and again...I served mine over steamed coconut rice...Thanks so much for sharing a new family favourite. Kudos....bk