Recipe by Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee
A family favorite, and they don't even mind the cabbage!
Top Review by jjcolli
Made it for the second time in a month due to my family requesting it again. I did use ground sausage instead of turkey, and added more vegetables on top on the onion layer (mushrooms and celery). The recipe does not specify, but make sure you cook the rice prior to putting it in the crockpot. This will be in the regular rotation at my house, especially in the fall and winter!
- 4 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (canned)
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey.
- In crock pot, layer chopped cabbage, chopped onion, rice, and ground turkey.
- In bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper, and mustard. Pour over top of layers.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for about 4 hours. (Use best judgement, every crock pot is different.).
- Enjoy! :).