Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, flour, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper and sugar in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Brush egg white over both surfaces of each chop.
- Place them, 1 or 2 at a time, in bag with mix, and shake bag to thoroughly coat pork.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
I love anything with cumin in it and these were no exception. I don't use garlic powder only fresh so I pressed the crushed garlic onto the chops and then gently rolled the chops in the mixture on a plate rather than using the bag. I've also done away with wasting eggs when coating meat in crumbs, I now spread a thin layer of low fat mayonnaise on all meats prior to crumbing, it works just as well as an egg does and is actually a bit quicker and you can't taste it. I used 2 chops with the bone in and cooked them for 30 minutes. Thanx for posting, will make this again!
This was delicious! The only thing I would do different would be to lover the salt amount. It seemed salty to us. But we don't use too much salt normally so that might be why..... but very tasty, moist and easy! Thanks again for sharing this recipe!
This recipe was very easy to make, makes your kitchen smell good while baking. It was very tasty. Will be making it again very soon. (corrected spelling errors)