Top Review by Carolyn Jay
I love anything with cumin in it and these were no exception. I don't use garlic powder only fresh so I pressed the crushed garlic onto the chops and then gently rolled the chops in the mixture on a plate rather than using the bag. I've also done away with wasting eggs when coating meat in crumbs, I now spread a thin layer of low fat mayonnaise on all meats prior to crumbing, it works just as well as an egg does and is actually a bit quicker and you can't taste it. I used 2 chops with the bone in and cooked them for 30 minutes. Thanx for posting, will make this again!
- 2⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (1 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, flour, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper and sugar in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Brush egg white over both surfaces of each chop.
- Place them, 1 or 2 at a time, in bag with mix, and shake bag to thoroughly coat pork.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.