Awesome Baked Pork Chops
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste.
- Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl.
- Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned.
- Transfer the chops to a 9 x 13 baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl.
- After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture.
- Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Ohmygod, so good! I used three center cut chops, and followed the advice of several reviewers and cooked 40 minutes before the sauce, 22 minutes after. My additions: Tabasco to the egg mixture (I also used liquid egg whites), copious Worcestershire to the soup (ff cream of celery), garlic salt & onion powder on the chops before pan-frying and in the soup mixture, a dash of Emeril's Bayou Blast for a little kick in the soup, and I carmelized very thinly sliced onions in the pan with the chops when pan-frying. I put the onions in the soup mixture while the chops were in the first round in the oven. I had this over whole-wheat egg noodles with steamed veggies, and it was fantastic! Definitely a repeat per my hubby's request! Ditto on the making extra sauce next time!
Fantastic recipe! We've been making these for a couple years now, and it comes out delicious every time. We've also made it with boneless skinless chicken breasts - YUMMY! I usually only make 3 pork chops, always add a can of drained mushrooms, but NEVER skimp on the sauce. We like to eat ours with some angelhair pasta and fresh green beans. Simple and delicious!
Only had 2, center-cut bonless chops on hand (3/4" thick; 4oz each), so used those with the same amount of sauce ingredients. Did add about 8oz sliced mushrooms (sauted) to the sauce as well. Did NOT utilize the breading...simply seasoned and browned in pan before putting into baking pan for oven. Cook time was a guess due to the smaller/boneless chops: 15 minues baked covered. Poured sauce over top and baked for another 10 minutes covered. Yum! Served with wide egg noodles, so the sauce was great on that - just the right amount for the two chops.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!