Recipe by Bergy
You may also sub the crepe with a flour tortilla but home made crepes are 90% better. As you can see by the picture, I took a shortcut and used a whole wheat tortilla. The Feta cheese is a locally made one and is full of herbs excellent flavor, very firm so you have to slice it not crumble The recipe originated with the Food Network. You will have crepes left over, but they freeze well.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Bergy this is a winner! I waited to make this until I could use Zucchini out of my garden. Delicious! I have already made the salsa twice! Just delicious!!! I will be making this recipe again! Thank you for posting!! Made for Summer Comfort Cafe
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Zucchini Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, diced 1/4-inch dice
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more)
- salt and pepper
Feta Scrambled eggs and crepe filling
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups new fresh spinach, finely shredded
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in your blender, blend for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the side, blend for a few seconds until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To Cook:.
- Use upside down crepe pan and follow instructions or use a non stick skillet, you do not need oil or fat on the pan.
- Pour a little batter in the pan, tilt and turn the pan to evenly cover the bottom of the pan with the batter. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip the crepe cook for a few seconds more.
- Remove from heat and stack on a plate with wax paper between the crepes.
- Zucchini Salsa:.
- Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil, fry lightly turn and brown the other side.
- Do not over cook, they should still be firm, cool& fine dice.
- In a bowl toss together the zucchini, red peppers, tomatoes, fresh coriander, tomato and lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover& refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Yields 2 cups.
- Feta Scrambled eggs and filling:.
- Heat tomatoes over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through, set aside, keep warm.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a skillet and sauté the mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are golden; set aside.
- Add spinach, cover and heat until it has wilted; keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a fresh skillet, pour in eggs and scramble until the are cooked but still very soft.
- To Serve:.
- Place 8 crepes on a work surface.
- Divide the scrambled eggs between the crepes placing them in the center of each crepe.
- Spoon on the mushrooms/spinach mixture and sprinkle half of the feta inside the crepe.
- Fold one side in and roll up the crepe.
- Place 2 crepes on each of 4 WARMED plates.
- Top with the zucchini salsa.
- Drizzle tomato sauce around the crepes, Sprinkle on the remaining Feta.