1/1 Photo of Crepes With Feta Scrambled Eggs & Salsa
1 hr 10 mins
You may also sub the crepe with a flour tortilla but home made crepes are 90% better. As you can see by the picture, I took a shortcut and used a whole wheat tortilla. The Feta cheese is a locally made one and is full of herbs excellent flavor, very firm so you have to slice it not crumble The recipe originated with the Food Network. You will have crepes left over, but they freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Zucchini Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced 1/4-inch dice
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dry cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more)
- salt and pepper
Feta Scrambled eggs and crepe filling
- 2Put all the ingredients in your blender, blend for 1 minute.
- 3Scrape down the side, blend for a few seconds until smooth.
- 4Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5To Cook:.
- 6Use upside down crepe pan and follow instructions or use a non stick skillet, you do not need oil or fat on the pan.
- 7Pour a little batter in the pan, tilt and turn the pan to evenly cover the bottom of the pan with the batter. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip the crepe cook for a few seconds more.
- 8Remove from heat and stack on a plate with wax paper between the crepes.
- 9Zucchini Salsa:.
- 10Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil, fry lightly turn and brown the other side.
- 11Do not over cook, they should still be firm, cool& fine dice.
- 12In a bowl toss together the zucchini, red peppers, tomatoes, fresh coriander, tomato and lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 13Cover& refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 14Yields 2 cups.
- 15Feta Scrambled eggs and filling:.
- 16Heat tomatoes over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through, set aside, keep warm.
- 17Melt 1 tbsp butter in a skillet and sauté the mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are golden; set aside.
- 18Add spinach, cover and heat until it has wilted; keep warm.
- 19Melt remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a fresh skillet, pour in eggs and scramble until the are cooked but still very soft.
- 20To Serve:.
- 21Place 8 crepes on a work surface.
- 22Divide the scrambled eggs between the crepes placing them in the center of each crepe.
- 23Spoon on the mushrooms/spinach mixture and sprinkle half of the feta inside the crepe.
- 24Fold one side in and roll up the crepe.
- 25Place 2 crepes on each of 4 WARMED plates.
- 26Top with the zucchini salsa.
- 27Drizzle tomato sauce around the crepes, Sprinkle on the remaining Feta.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes With Feta Scrambled Eggs & Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.9
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 523.4 mg
- Sodium 989.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 32.4 g