Light Spinach Frittata With Salsa
Made this for breakfast today and it was SO filling and wonderful. The eggs are very creamy and flavorful when cooked in this way. This is a phase one South Beach Diet recipe, but you would never guess it! You can also make your own salsa.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced (I diced mine)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk (sold in a can)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded light cheese (I used light Jarlsberg, can use any reduced-fat cheese)
- salsa (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a 10" nonstick skillet over med heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Beat eggs and milk until frothy, and pour egg mixture over spinach in skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, till egg mixture is cooked on bottom and eggs on top are almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven till eggs are set and cheese has melted, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa of your choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really good - and easy on the waistline, too! I used less spinach and just covered the pan and continued cooking after adding the cheese instead of baking in the oven. Also added salt & pepper to the egg mixture. A dollop of medium hot garlic salsa was just the right touch! Thank you for sharing!Reply