Recipe by *Parsley*
An easy, creamy mac and cheese recipe for the crock pot. No need to precook the noodles. Edited to add: I make this at least once a month without any burning or sticky mess. I know all Crock pots are different, because I have one that is "hotter" than the other. Perhaps a "hotter" crock pot is not suitable for this recipe.
Top Review by busy veg chef
Cooked on low for less time with more stirring and the noodles were a huge blob of sticky mess. Will never make again- huge waste of time and money. Would never recommend this- even tried to save it by taking noodles out- they were mushed into sauce didn't work. Nice idea- but did not work for me on any account.
- 4 3⁄4 cups milk (plus extra near end of cooking to achieve desired moistness)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (or just cheddar)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray your crock pot (5 quart size or larger)with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour milk and cream into crock pot. Stir in flour to dissolve.
- Add all remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, or on high for 1 1/2 hours; giving a stir about halfway through cook time, then again during last 10-15 minutes.
- Stir again before serving. Add additional milk, if desired, to desired moistness.