Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk or 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- chunky French bread, cubed (dipper)
- Heat cream cheese with milk in fondue pot or saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until it is smooth.
- Add in the cheddar cheese; keep stirring!
- Let completely melt together; stir in the onion.
- You may dip the French bread into the fondue!
I made this for a get together with some friends from church. I picked this recipe because it didn't contain alcohol. It was a huge hit! I doubled the recipe, sauteed the onion with a little garlic in a pat of butter and drizzle of olive oil, then used part milk, part 1/2 and 1/2, and used only 12 ounces of cream cheese adding in 4 ounces of velveeta, and adding a dash of Franks hot sauce. It was very thin when I took it out of the saucepan and put it in the slow cooker on low, but it was perfect within 30 minutes. For my first attempt at fondue, I was very pleased. Thanks for posting!
Followed the recipe exactly and didn't care for it at all. The cream cheese base makes it just that...way too creamy and not enough flavor. My kids said it was gross and tasted like sour cream and not cheese. It is very smooth, but I like my fondue to have some stringing and pulling to the cheese and a bit more thick.
very delicious and easy...my teen and young adult kids loved it with a variety of dippers: french bread chunks, pretzels, chicken nuggets, hot dog chunks, celery sticks, red bell pepper chunks and cherry tomatoes. I had a fondue party for them for New Years Eve and it was a hit!