Cheddar Cheese Fondue (Courtesy of the Melting Pot)
a very simple fondue recipe shared by the melting pot on an early morning talk show!
- Ready In:
- 4 4 ounces skim milk or 4 ounces broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese
- mustard powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- apple (cut up to dip)
- start with 4 oz of base (beer, milk or broth).
- add garlic.
- add 3 shakes of mustard powder.
- add small amount of cheddar cheese.
- mix thoroughly (using whipping motion until cheese is melted).
- add five turns of pepper grinder.
- add three to four shakes of worcestershire sauce.
- fold in pepper & worcestershire.
- remove mixing fork.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
While I have no doubt that the flavor of this cheese fondue would taste amazing, my finished result was terrible. I shredded 6 oz of a block of mild cheddar and followed the directions exactly. However, the cheese itself ended up as a big stringy blob floating in the middle of the liquid ingredients and no amount of stirring made a difference in terms of smoothing out the texture. More detailed instructions would be appreciated. I melted mine on low over the stovetop....perhaps that's what I did wrong?1Replies 1
see 18 more