1/1 Photo of Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 hr 25 mins
I created this recipe when I was 20, I was always invited to the family get togethers, but never asked to bring something- I was still considered one of the "kids." I tried to copy an appetizer I had at a Jersey Shore restaurant- not sure which one. It became a family classic and I am always asked to bring it now. They reheat very easy in the oven. How many you get depends on the size of the mushrooms, you can also substitute Parmesan for the breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Remove stems from mushrooms, place caps open end up in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 3Very finely chop mushroom stems.
- 4Sauté stems, green pepper and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until translucent (not browned), use more butter if needed.
- 5And seasoning and sauté for 1 more minute.
- 6Gently stir in crab, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs, over a low heat, bring to a slight boil for 1 minute.
- 7Scoop mixture into mushroom caps.
- 8Pour melted butter over caps.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes.
- 10Serve as is or with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 87.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: