Capt. Phil's Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
Captain Phil Harris of "Deadliest Catch" made this recipe on the series "After the Catch"; I thought they looked interesting. I would suggest garlic and herb cream cheese, Aloette or Boursin, though you may use what you have handy and suits you. I would think more shredded cheese would be necessary for 40 mushroom caps also. Taken from Discovery.com.
- Ready In:
- 36 -40 medium white mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese, flavored, softened (or spreadable cheese)
- 2 cups chopped cooked crabmeat (snow or king crab)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (can be smoked cheese)
- De-stem and scrape out the caps of domestic mushrooms.
- Spray with oil.
- Bake mushroom caps at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes to soften.
- Prepare the crabmeat stuffing: Break up and coarsely chop the crabmeat. Place in a bowl and blend with cream cheese.
- Once thoroughly combined, spoon crab mixture into mushroom caps and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from broiler until melted and lightly browned. *Watch carefully*.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are very good! I used light chive & onion cream cheese and sharp cheddar on top. I did make a change to the baking method - instead of baking, filling, then broiling, I just filled, topped, and baked for 15 minutes at 350. The filling was piping hot and though the mushrooms still had a little "tooth" to them, I liked them that way. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!Reply
We just made this, with about half the mushrooms (saving the rest of the "stuffing" for dip). We sauteed a tablespoon of minced onion with 1/2 of the minced mushroom caps, added 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 tsp. Old Bay, 1/4 package of Hidden Valley dip mix, and used Parmesan for the cheese. Like Nif suggested, we heated the mushrooms in the oven for about 10 minutes (they were BIG mushrooms) before stuffing. Once they were stuffed we put them in the oven at the same time as the brown and serve rolls. They came out lightly browned on top, truly excellent. What a great basic recipe!Reply
This was so easy and I like that there are only 4 ingredients! I used low fat onion and chive spreadable cream cheese and low fat mozzarella to sprinkle on top. I like that you can use regular size mushrooms. They make a great finger food and stuffing mushrooms usually cost more. I would make this again - the only change would be to heat the mushrooms for a couple of minutes and then heat up the stuffing in them so that it's warmer. Very good! Made for Football Tag, Week 4. Thanks alligirl! :)Reply