My mom made this when I was a kid growing up. I remember smelling this, waiting was so hard. I changed it a little so my kids love it now as much as I did. The pineapple with the sauerkraut really makes it different and very tasty.
- Trim as much fat as possible off pork.
- Put flour zip lock bag add pork & shake well to coat.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in stock pot.
- Add pork; brown on both sides. Remove pork from pot (may need to do this in 2 batches, adding more oil if needed).
- Slice onions then cut in half once mince garlic and saute with onion until translucent (again you may need to add more oil).
- Add undrained sauerkraut, undrained pineapple, bay leaves, and caraway seeds.
- Return pork.
- Mix gently but well.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 3 hours.
- If the liquid evaporates to quickly turn down heat and add some water. It should stay slightly watery.
- Gently remove pork and place on serving tray. Then remove sauerkraut and place next to pork.
- Salt and pepper (you don't need much salt).
- Serve with boiled potatoes.