1/2 Photos of Coq Au Vin, the Easy Way
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe uses sherry instead of the usual red wine. From the Lobel Brothers. More herbs can be added if you like, but it's good this way, or even with no herbs at all. I like to add a little more garlic and thyme than the recipe calls for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 lbs chicken pieces, washed and dried thoroughly
- 3 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 medium carrots, peeled (cut them into large pieces if you don't want whole carrots in the dish)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sherry wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup mushroom, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
- 3Remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- 4Add onions, garlic and carrots to skillet, and let brown slightly.
- 5Push vegetables to one side and sprinkle in flour, stirring constantly.
- 6Gradually stir in sherry.
- 7Add bay leaf, parsley, thyme and mushrooms.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Reduce heat to low and return chicken to pan.
- 10Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender, adding more sherry if needed.
- 11Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coq Au Vin, the Easy Way
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1236.0
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 222.2 mg
- Sodium 342.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 54.6 g