Lobel's Guide to Grilling The Perfect Steak
photo by Mitakola
- Ready In:
- steak, cuts of your choice
- coarse salt or kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Meat should always be at room temperature before it is cooked.
- Remove your steaks from the refrigerator at least half an hour before you are ready to cook.
- Preheat broiler or grill to maximum temperature.
- Rub both sides of the steaks with coarse or kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks 3 to 5 inches from the flame to sear the outside and seal in the juices.
- Turn the steaks after 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the steaks have been seared on both sides, remove from the heat, and brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil.
- This will help form the crust that adds the touch of perfection.
- Return the steaks to heat and cook on both sides to a desired doneness.
- Transfer to warmed dinner plates or a platter, and let rest five minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hooray! I have the perfect way to get that steak with the lovely seared crust on the outside but juicy and perfect inside. We do all our steaks this way now, though we usually avoid the salt and use a steak butter (softened butter, 1/2 T per serving, mixed with 1 tsp favorite steak seasoning). Thanks for posting!
see 57 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!