Marinated Grilled New York Strip Steaks
photo by sloe cooker
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 lbs New York strip steaks, 8oz ea (4)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Pierce steaks on all sides with a fork and place in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill over high heat and cook to desired doneness.
I've used this marinade the last handful of times I've made NY Strips and they come out SO dang good! It's quick to whip together, easy, and the flavor is awesome. I cook my steaks to medium rare, lightly basted with salt free butter (after turning and before resting) and the result is juicy, flavorful steaks without needing additional sauces of any kind. It's definitely a crowd pleaser and isn't labor intensive, making it a perfect choice for large gatherings.<br/>I also really like the fact that this marinade is so versatile, allowing for pretty much ANY side to accompany it's flavor profile.<br/>This has definitely become a staple marinade for me!
see 39 more reviews
Great marinade! I trimmed the strip steaks and used this recipe to marinade my lean strip steaks overnight in the fridge in a gallon ziploc bag. I substituted the garlic cloves for 1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic, and they came out perfect....grilled (charcoal) to medium rare of course. <br/><br/>I even made a second batch to marinate the chicken breasts, minus the red wine vinegar and sub montreal chicken seasoning for the steak seasoning. Nice and easy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.