Grilled New York Strip Steak
photo by Chef Bevier
- Ready In:
- Trim all excess fat off steaks to prevent flare ups.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Approximatley 400 degrees.
- Place Steaks over direct heat for 1 1/2 minutes then turn 90 degrees -- do not turn the steaks over yet.
- After 1 1/2 minutes turn the steaks over and let cook for another 1 1/2 minutes, turn 90 degrees let cook for a final 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from grill, let rest for 3 to 5 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a retired chef from central california. I do some private catering, and love to cook for family and freinds.