Recipe by Acerast
Cheryl and Bill Jamison have some great recipes. This is one from the Border Cookbook and really wakes up your taste buds with the interplay between the sweet corn, salty olives and spicy seasonings. My family loves it in the summer when you can cut the corn right off of the cob. I like to throw it together in the morning before work and serve it for dinner with grilled meats.
- 3 cups corn, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 -2 pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the corn, rice, jalapenos, olives and red onion.
- Put the oil, lime juice, vinegar, molasses, chili powder, salt and cumin into a lidded jar; shake until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss gently.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour and at most overnight.