Colorful Wild Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 cup wild rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins, dried sweetened cranberries,cherries,blueberries or 1 cup fruit
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- Cook rice according to directions except do not add butter, oil or seasonings.
- Drain well and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Add carrots and onions, mixing well.
- Mix oil and vinegar and then add salt.
- Pour dressing over rice, mixing thoroughly.
- Add fruit and nuts.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Note: If dried fruit is plumped in warm water, drain before adding to rice.
Join The Conversation
Easy and different, I used re-hydrated tart cherries and the taste was just enough of tart to make it a refreshing, but different side to our shrimp dinner. Glad I could make it the day before so it was one thing I didn't have to worry about as we had company over. It not only tasted good but looked so pretty.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Current (9/07) review criteria: 5: WOW! This is something with which to impress the guest! 4: We really liked this and will make it again. Instructions were easy to follow. 3: Good basic recipe but needs something to make it a 4 for us and/or there is a problem with instructions. 2: We didn't like the flavor/taste/texture and/or there is a major problem with the instructions. 1: Inedible for us.