Pork and Rice Salad
I don't rememeber where I got this recipe, but it's a great way to use leftover white rice from meals or Chinese takeout!
- Ready In:
- 6 cups about 1 head Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooled cooked white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- For salad, toss all salad ingredients together in large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Totally delicious and a wonderfully tasty way to use up left-overs. (I had rice and pulled pork.) Made some changes for taste preferences and economy (didn't want another trip to the grocery) --use left-over regular green cabbage, shredded; chopped yellow onion, and sliced celery and red pepper; added about 1/2 tsp. dill weed--WOW! Made and refrigerated to meld flavors for about 1.5 hours. Terrific salad, Parsley!! Had TWO helpings. :) Made for the Salad event in Cooking Photos.