Top Review by andreaadams01
I cannot thank you enough for posting this! What a healthy and delicious dish! I used 1/2 green and 1/2 red pepper and substituted black beans for the pinto beans, I also used dried kidney beans instead of canned. I also used brown rice. This is a new family favorite that I will make time and time again. Thank you.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped and seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green pepper, onion and garlic in oil in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, water, rice, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Top with sour cream,if desired.