Chunky Turkey Vegetable Chili (Crock Pot)
photo by Engrossed
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
4 1 1/2 cup
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (or any other favorite bean)
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, diced or (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown together the ground turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic until ground turkey is browned and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- Place ground turkey mixture and remaining ingredients in a crock pot. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese. Serve with bread and salad for a complete meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very tasty! We opted for kidney beans instead of the black beans, but only because I had made a salad using black beans the day before. I also used the canned tomatoes instead of fresh. Everything else was exact. I used medium salsa, but might try it with hot next time. All in all a very good recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)
We enjoyed this and it smells so good when it was cooking. I was worried that there wasn't enough liquid so I added some water to the crockpot - I probably shouldn't have because with the added soup it was more like a very good soup than chili - next time I'll follow the directions exactly. Thanks for sharing!
This was REALLY GOOD! Better than I expected it to be...I thought it would be a little bland but it had a really NICE FLAVOR! I used a white onion, black beans, canned tomatoes and Pace mild chunky salsa. I omitted the corn but can see how it would be good in this...I would wait until the end to add it though. The only change I made was to add the garlic and seasonings to the ground turkey towards the end of cooking it in the skillet. I also used garlic salt for the salt. We enjoyed this with fresh chopped onions, 2 percent cheddar and sour cream for nice filling meal. Made for Zaar tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?