MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (you can use plain diced tomatoes and add 1 cup chopped onion and 2-3 cloves minced garlic)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed,and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, saute celery and green peppers (onion and garlic if using plain diced tomatoes) in oil until veggies are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add in undrained tomatoes, beans, beer, chili powder, bay leaf, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 16 more