1/1 Photo of Chicken and Egg on Rice (Oyako Donburi)
Hey Jude's Note:
This is a great dish for lunch. I found this recipe in Quick and Easy Japanese Cuisine for Everyone by Yukiko Moriyama.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
- 2Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in lukewarm water until soft.
- 3Cut off hard stems and cut in halves.
- 4Cut onion into thin slices.
- 5Chop cilantro.
- 6In a large skillet with a lid, mix all the simmering sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 7Add chicken, mushrooms and onion and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is done and onion is tender.
- 8Beat eggs in a small bowl, then pour over the chicken and cover with a lid.
- 9Cook until the egg is set, about 1 minute on low heat.
- 10Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- 11To serve: put about 1 1/4 cup of rice in a large, deep bowl and gently lay 1/4 of the chicken and egg mixture on top.
- 12Pour simmering sauce over and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Egg on Rice (Oyako Donburi)
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 240.4 mg
- Sodium 1247.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 32.5 g