It is almost the same as the Russian golubtsy, but with a delicious sauce
Make and share this Cabbage Rolls With Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Stew chopped onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rice, meat, salt, and pepper.
- Stir just to mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove core from cabbage.
- Place whole head in a large kettle filled with boiling water.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove softened outer leaves.
- Take out all large leaves
- Cut thick center stem from each leaf.
- Take one large cabbage leaf at a time, put 1 rounded tablespoonful of meat mixture in center of a leaf. Roll leaves.
- Put stuffed cabbage leaves with seam down close to each other on a frying pan.
- Do not make more than 2 layers.
- Combine beef broth and mushroom soup; Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Bake in a well heated (350 degree) oven for 1 1/2 hours.
My family loved this! It's much easier to make than I thought it would be, and it was just delicious. Thanks!
Oh, my! I've been missing a wonderful recipe!! These are soooo tasty. Love the sauce--added a leeetle sour cream. Used smaller leaves and had some meat filling left --just made into meatballs and sauced them YUM! Made for the Northern Mediterranean Event in Cooking Photos.