Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use as a topping over ice cream, or drizzled over pound cake and fruit.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved; boil syrup, without stirring, until it registers 280F on a candy thermometer, about 5 minutes; remove pan from heat and stir in cream, vanilla, lemon juice and salt, stirring until smooth; sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Can be kept for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very rich and thick butterscotch sauce! If you are a butterscotch lover, this is a must-try! I served warm over vanilla ice cream and it was delicious! Thanks again, Evelyn!
This recipe made a nice rich sauce. Very nice, Evelyn, thank you! :)