Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a nice pork recipe to serve company but easy enough to have any night of the week. Very good over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Hey Jude
Delicious! This was a hit with my family, the gravy is wonderful! My chops were larger than 3 oz. so I had to brown them a bit longer (like 15 minutes) in step 3, otherwise, I did everything the same. I will definitely be making this again for my pork-chop-loving husband! Thanks Karen!
- 4 boneless pork chops (3 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (can use fat free)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- hot cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sage, marjoram, pepper and salt; rub on both sides of chops.
- Lightly coat large nonstick skillet with oil or spray and heat over medium.
- Place chops in skillet and cook 5 minutes, turning once, until chops are barely pink.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and broth and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, covered, 3- 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Whisk together sour cream, flour and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in 3 tbl of broth from skillet and then stir sour cream mixture into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve over pork chops and noodles.