Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A seriously delicious recipe. We pick our wild blueberries here in August, and freeze 75% of our pickings. They are smaller (not tiny), making them perfect for these pancakes. Recipe is from The Milk-Free Kitchen.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into medium mixing bowl.
- Melt 2 1/2 Tbsp margarine in frying pan until melted; Be sure to tip the pan side to side to coat/grease all over.
- Pour melted margarine in a small bowl, add water and egg (if you want to add egg); Mix well.
- Mix blueberries with dry ingredients, just before adding the liquids.
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until it is thoroughly moistened; It is OK if this batter is lumpy.
- Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat on the stove-top (or 375F on electric frying pans); Cook pancakes until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms browned; Turn the pancakes over to cook other side (Approxiamtely four minutes per side).
- Serve hot with margarine, honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Actual cooking time will depend on the size of the pan you are using; I have a small frying pan, so I have to do these individually; My mom has a griddle large enough to cook them all at once.
Love this recipe!! I like mine a bit crispy, I also add Vanilla flavoring and eat them without syrup:) Thank you so much, this is my recipe from now on!
I made these pancakes because we were out of eggs. I used 2 tbsp water instead of eggs and milk instead of the 3/4 cup of water the recipe calls for. Otherwise I followed the recipe as written. Both my husband and I really enjoyed these. They do not have pancake texture but make for a yummy breakfast nonetheless. Will definitely make again.