Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A seriously delicious recipe. We pick our wild blueberries here in August, and freeze 75% of our pickings. They are smaller (not tiny), making them perfect for these pancakes. Recipe is from The Milk-Free Kitchen.
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 eggs or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into medium mixing bowl.
- Melt 2 1/2 Tbsp margarine in frying pan until melted; Be sure to tip the pan side to side to coat/grease all over.
- Pour melted margarine in a small bowl, add water and egg (if you want to add egg); Mix well.
- Mix blueberries with dry ingredients, just before adding the liquids.
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until it is thoroughly moistened; It is OK if this batter is lumpy.
- Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat on the stove-top (or 375F on electric frying pans); Cook pancakes until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms browned; Turn the pancakes over to cook other side (Approxiamtely four minutes per side).
- Serve hot with margarine, honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Actual cooking time will depend on the size of the pan you are using; I have a small frying pan, so I have to do these individually; My mom has a griddle large enough to cook them all at once.
Love this recipe!! I like mine a bit crispy, I also add Vanilla flavoring and eat them without syrup:) Thank you so much, this is my recipe from now on!
Found his recipe since I was out of milk and had one egg. Made these as recipe states and added the vanilla like another user suggested since we were out of syrup. They were so good! My kids ate them up!
I made these pancakes because we were out of eggs. I used 2 tbsp water instead of eggs and milk instead of the 3/4 cup of water the recipe calls for. Otherwise I followed the recipe as written. Both my husband and I really enjoyed these. They do not have pancake texture but make for a yummy breakfast nonetheless. Will definitely make again.