I found this recipe in Joyofbaking.com. This is the first time trying my hand on muffins as I'm a novice baker. It turned out very good - soft, moist and chocolatey. So, I think I should share this delicious muffin's recipe with all. * I didn't follow the exact amount of sugar for the muffins as I do not want it to be too sweet. So, I reduced it to 160g. ** You can add in some chopped nuts into the muffins too if you like it. *** I blended my white sugar into powdery form so that it will mix well with all the ingredients.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup granulated white sugar, blended or 1⁄3 cup castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar, blended or 1 cup castor sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- In your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until creamy and smooth. Set aside while you make the Chocolate Cupcake batter.
- Chocolate Cupcakes:.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and STIR (with a whisk) in the wet ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Evenly divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Then spoon a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the cream cheese filling is a little brown and the cupcakes feel springy to the touch (a toothpick inserted into the chocolate part of the cupcake will come out clean).
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- The cupcakes can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3 - 4 days.