Peaches & Cream Muffins
These are delicious peach flavored muffins with a delightful cream cheese filling and cinammon sugar topping. Recipe Courtesy Addie's Attic Bed & Breakfast
- Ready In:
- 2 cups canned peaches, drained (save juice)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon peach juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dice the drained peaches to about the size of peas; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl combine eggs and oil; then whisk in the milk.
- Combine egg and flour mixtures; then fold in diced peaches.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, peach juice and almond extract.
- Fill greased muffin tins half full of batter; drop 1 teaspoon of the filling into each muffin cup of the batter and top with 1 1/2 tablespoons more batter.
- For topping, mix cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these in a trial run and found a few things I could tweak. For instance, the muffin part was a bit bland, and the peach didn't stand out. The almond filling was amazing, but still had more of an almond than peach taste. The filling did erupt from the muffins causing them to look like a volcano, but I think that added to the visual appeal. Things I did differently. To bring the muffin more flavor, I pureed some pineapples and peaches and mixed that along with the diced peaches into the batter. Also, I added a dab of almond extract to enhance the peach flavor. For the filling, I added pineapple juice and a squeeze of lemon. The muffins came out more moist and you could really taste the fruit. The sugar/cinnamon topping adds an extra sweetness...but you can also use nutmeg, ground cloves, or any other "spice". Overall, these are fabulous muffins, and my co-workers and family LOVE them!1Reply
see 12 more